There are currently two cornerstone programs that operate under the BCA mission as well as a host of events that our organization supports:
In partnership with the Edward Boss Prado Foundation, the Friends of the Morgan Hill Library, Sonrisa Stables, Morgan Hill Life, and AAUW-Morgan Hill, our Gift of Reading programs is about spreading the joy of reading during the holidays. Our book drive to collect new or like-new books to share with hundreds of children in the community is a way for anyone to become involved in the gift of literacy. Together we can all foster a love of reading.
Stop the Summer Slump:
What better way to encourage reading over the summer break than by sending a brand new book home each student as an end-of-year gift? Good quality books that teach kids that reading can be for pleasure, not just for school!
Other events supported by BCA:
Special Book Events, including:
- Harry Potter Book Night
- May the Fourth Be with You! (Star Wars)
- Wimpy Kid Wednesday
and other book-themed events for kids and adults.
- Summer Concert Night(s) in the Park: a special summer family concert night in the park.
- Where's Waldo Local
- Author Events: local and national authors visit the community, read and speak about their books.
- Ballet Storytime: we partner with South Valley Dance Arts to bring book based mini-ballet performances to the public.
Arts and Education Community Programs, including:
- Project Cornerstone: helping children and teens feel valued.
- BookSmart Art: ongoing, monthly low-cost arts & crafts programming for kids and adults.
- A Summer of Arts in July: a series of workshops, classes and events highlighting visual, literary, and performing arts for local children and their families.