There are currently two cornerstone programs that operate under the BCA mission as well as a host of events that our organization supports:
In partnership with the Friends of the Morgan Hill Library and the Edward Boss Prado Foundation, our Gift of Reading programs is about spreading the joy of reading during the holidays. Our book drive to collect new or like-new books to share with hundreds of children in the community is a way for anyone to become involved in the gift of literacy. Together we can all foster a love of reading.
Stop the Summer Slump:
What better way to encourage reading over the summer break than by sending a brand new book home each student as an end-of-year gift? Good quality books that teach kids that reading can be for pleasure, not just for school!
Other events supported by BCA:
Special Book Events, including:
- Harry Potter Book Night
- May the Fourth Be with You! (Star Wars)
- Wimpy Kid Wednesday
and other book-themed events for kids and adults.
- Summer Concert Night(s) in the Park
A special summer family concert night in the park.
- Where's Waldo Local
- Author Events
Local and national authors visit the community, read and speak about their books.
- Ballet Storytime
We partner with South Valley Dance Arts to bring book based mini-ballet performances to the public.
Arts and Education Community Programs, including:
- Project Cornerstone: helping children and teens feel valued.
- BookSmart Art: ongoing, monthly low-cost arts & crafts programming for kids and adults.
- A Summer of Arts in July: a series of workshops, classes and events highlighting visual, literary, and performing arts for local children and their families.